Our commitment to future generations impacts everything we do at Penobscot McCrum, from farming to transporting to processing our potatoes. We are continually looking for ways to conserve and protect the natural resources we depend on, as a company and a community.
- We now utilize more efficient lighting systems, air compressors and motors
- Waste-food oil, a byproduct of our manufacturing, is recycled into bio-diesel fuel
- We provide our food waste to local farmers for reuse as animal feed
- Whenever possible, we use packaging made from recycled cardboard
- We use environmentally safe chemicals and other products
We have also adopted a wide range of green initiatives in our office, from recycling paper and plastic, to energy-efficient lighting, to carpooling. We enlist ideas and input from our employees as we strive to conserve, reduce and manage our resources on a daily basis.
Over the years, we have steadily increased the efficiency of our operations while improving quality and customer satisfaction. Technology has played a major role. Visit our History page to learn how Penobscot McCrum has become one of the industry’s most innovative companies.